Australia vs Pakistan-Quarter finals -3|Match Preview

Match date-20 March 2015
Venue-Adelaide, Australia
Match stage- Quarter final-3, Game -45

The Hosts Australia in quarter finals as expected. Pakistan finally makes into quarter finals after beat Ireland in the crucial last league match. They going to play the third quarter finals at brisbane on 2oth march. Here is the review of that exciting match.

Australia looks really strong in all departments.Esspecially in batting they have destructing batting line up. Pakistan looks very struggled in early of this tournament survived and getting stronger at end of the league matches.Here the preview of this important match.

Australia-Road to quarter finals:

Australia gain 9 points with 4 wins, 1 loss and one abondoned match against Bangladesh. They crush England in the worldcup opener match. They lost against New Zealand by 1 wicket. It was one of the most interesting match in the tournament. After they defeat Afghanistan, Sri Lanka and scotland to enter the quarter finals. They at no.2 position behind New Zealand in pool A.

Australia-The Giants:

Australia have won 4 worldcup titles most by any team. They really wants to lift the cup in the home. They are strong in all the departments. Es specially their batting lineup is too strong compared to  Pakistan. Mitchell Starc and Johnson pace attack ready to destroy any batting lineup in the world. Aussies having home advantage that will help big time for them.

Key players:

Glenn Maxwel, one of the dangerous batsman in this worldcup hit

Glenn Maxwel

52 ball 100 against Sri Lanka is at the very best of form. David Warner is always a explosive opener hit 178 run against Afghanistan. James Faulkner is consider as key player for them helping with both bat and ball. Steve Smith, Micheal clarke are also in good touch. Mitchell Starc is the leading wicket taker of the tournament taken 16 wickets so far.


Micheal Clarke(Captain), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwel, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Srac, Mitchell Johnson, Pat Cummins, Josh Hazlewood, Xavier Doherty, Mitchell Marsh, George Baily.

Pakistan-Road to quarter finals:

Pakistan lost his first match against India and continue his losing streak 6-0. West Indies beat Pakistan by big margin. Pakistan comeback after that two losses and beat Zimbabwe, United Arab Emirates, South Africa. They defeat Ireland in do or die match and enter into the quarters. They gain 8 points and got third place.

Pakistan-The survivors:

Pakistan lost two games in row and they go down to last place in the pool B. After that they win match in a row. Their win against South Africa gives lot of confidence to them. Their bowling attack getting strong in each game. They really beleive that they beat Australia in quarters. Pakistan lift the cup in 1992 in Australian soil. They try hard to make that magic again.

Key players:

Misbah Ul Haq, the run machine always a habit of scoring runs.


Sarfraz Ahmed impressive with his performance in the last two league match and won man of the match in both the games. Wahab Riaz contribute the team with both bat and ball. Shahid Afridi not in best of form but expect to regain form in the knockouts.


Misbah Ul Haq(captain), Ahmed Shezad, Sarfraz Ahmed(wk), Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Sohaib Maqsood, Nasir Jhamshed, Rahat Ali, Ehsan Adil, Haris Sohail, Mohammed Irfan, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan.   

Chance Of Winning:

Australia looks stronger than Pakistan. It’s 70% chance for Australia and Pakistan have 30% chance of winning.

One thought on “Australia vs Pakistan-Quarter finals -3|Match Preview”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *